Monday, July 9, 2012

Juice Fast Day 10

I made it to day 10! Woo hoo! Considering that even a month ago I couldn't make it through one day of juicing I have to say I'm impressed with myself!

I'm not stopping - I'm going to continue. I'm hoping to be able to do 30 days. I have seen some progress. My chronic pain has gone way down. The hematoma that's been on my leg since an October injury that refused to go away completely is finally gone! My energy isn't where I'd like it to be, but I suppose that's expected since I don't drink a ton of juice. I've also lost 9 pounds - I bet by tomorrow morning it will be 10! That's another reason I don't want to stop. I feel if I stop now then the weight could easily come back on. So I want to make sure more of the weight is shed before I stop the juicing.

I do have to say that today I was hungry and I definitely missed food. I may have been hungry because I didn't drink much yesterday and not much today either. I'm trying to drink more but it makes my stomach uncomfortable, which is weird, because I'm still hungry. But I suppose it will even out. I do have to say that there is no way you can get the same flavors from juicing as you can from eating and that's what I miss - the different flavors!

I've also noticed that I'm smelling weird food smells - things I haven't had in years and don't really have a desire to have. I don't know if it's a brain thing or maybe some old stuff being detoxed out of my system - who knows!

I also realize that I'm not eating enough greens. My friend who runs a juice detox told me the base juice was cucumbers, celery, and greens and no fruit except the occasional apple. Oh - and ginger. I've been doing the cucumber and celery base, but I haven't really added the greens like I should. So I'm going to up the greens. I also think I might juice fruits separately and then if needed I can add them to the base. That might help with the fruit overload unexpectedly going on in my fridge...lol

****************************

Today I just finished the rest of the green juice I made last night. I need to make juice tonight so I have it ready for tomorrow. And then I need to buy more produce tomorrow! Boy do you go through that quickly!

****************************

Today was also the first official day of prepping for the juice cleanse program I'll be joining. I didn't realize that juice fast and juice cleanse are actually two different terms - I have used them interchangeably as many people do. Apparently a juice cleanse involves drinking more than in a juice fast. In a cleanse you consume the same amount of calories as you normally would, just in the form of juice. In a fast, you are consuming half of your normal calories. I guess what I'm doing is somewhere in between. I drink when I am hungry, but if I drink too much my stomach hurts and then my throat starts to hurt so I suspect I have some acid reflux going on (which is very odd because I don't have that normally). I try to keep the water intake as high as possible to help. Now that I'll be starting the cleanse I have experts who can answer my questions!

I'll update more tomorrow,

Wishing you juicy thoughts,

VeggiePatti

No comments:

Post a Comment