Sunday, July 8, 2012

Juice Fast Day 4

So it's the beginning of day 4. A few things I'm noticing:

I think I could really use another juicer! The juicer I have is great to get the most nutrients out of greens, but it takes a long time and doesn't juice all fruits as well. When you're hungry and you need something fast, it's not the juicer to go to! This morning my body was saying "you need food now" and it took a half hour to prepare a simple juice. So with this juicer, it's best to do a bulk batch in advance, and not first thing in the morning!

The first 3 days weren't as bad as I thought. I did lose 5 pounds in the first 2 days but nothing yesterday, so we'll just have to wait and see on the weight loss aspect. Some sources say you should lose at least a pound a day on a juice fast but I'm sure it's variable for everyone. (And yes, yes...I know you can average...)

Juicing is also very clean in the sense that your elimination channels aren't on overload. There's very little perspiration or odor for that matter, unless you have lots of ginger then it kicks it up a notch! Don't expect to go to the bathroom like normal either - you pee a lot more but don't have bowel movements as often.

Water is also extremely important! Juice does not replace water and you have to make sure you're drinking a lot of water. I try to change between juice and water, with some coconut water thrown in to help make sure electrolytes are balanced.

My juicy breakfast this morning was 2 small colanders of spinach, 2 pears, and a ginger "thumb". It's actually pretty good. Normally I can't taste the ginger but it's very evident here! I'd make this one again but maybe add parsley. I did want to make my standard cucumber/celery for the day, but that takes an hour and my body needed something right away so I whipped up this one - although this still took a half hour as I mentioned.

I'll be making the rest of the day's juice a little later - BEFORE I get hungry!

I'm also very tempted to try tomato juice at this point although I've never liked it in the past. I'll just tell myself it's tomato soup! Maybe tomorrow!

Until then,
Wishing you peas and good health,

VeggiePatti

No comments:

Post a Comment