Sunday, July 15, 2012

Juice Fast Day 16

So day 16 and I'm just getting tired of the whole juicing thing. It's not that I can't do it...I could probably keep juicing as long as my body allowed me to, I'm just tired of it. I'm still waiting to hear back from the program I signed up for and will look into consulting with the doctor running the program privately.

The last two nights I've been so tired that I wasn't able to make my juice the night before. I compromised and got all the produce clean that I would be using. It worked out pretty well because it did cut the time in half at least. Now that the festival is over I'm going to try to clean all the produce when I get home from the store so it's more readily available.

Today I had to make due with what I had so I juiced 6 cucumbers, 1 stalk celery, 3/4 bunch of swiss chard, 1 bunch kale, and 2 small packages of blueberries. I really don't like swiss chard - it's just too frothy and doesn't taste that good. Even my dogs hate it and they love greens! Also, the blueberries are still not juicing like they were before. They become very sludgy and big chunks of mushed blueberry paste come out. I don't want to drink it because it's fiber but when you take it all out there go your blueberries! I wonder if my juicer just doesn't like being used so much! I even tried to juice them slower as suggested. Maybe I'll contact the company and find out their recommendation.

So the juice just wasn't appealing. It didn't taste bad, but the huge chunks of blueberries and the chard just turned me off. I didn't even drink a whole glass of juice all day! I probably drank about 3/4 of a cup plus a lot of water and coconut water. It was also over 90 today and the thought of any food - even in the form of juice - just wasn't appealing to me. Surprisingly I'm not even hungry! We shall see how those juices seem tomorrow!

Tomorrow I will try to schedule an appointment with the program doctor and see if she thinks a juice fast is right for me or if I should go back to smoothies.

Thinking juicy thoughts,

VeggiePatti

No comments:

Post a Comment