Thursday, July 26, 2012

Transition Day 2

Today was a strange day. I started off by drinking the rest of the smoothie I made last night - 1/2 banana, spinach, blueberries, LOTS of chlorella, and licorice root. But I couldn't drink it all - so I saved some for later. I did confirm that my bowels are still working! :)  Hopefully they'll get back to their norm soon.

So even though I couldn't finish the smoothie, I got hungry really quickly afterward. Since I didn't have any negative effects (except for the stupid sinus/mucus issues that I'm still having when I eat), I decided I would eat some solid food for lunch. I wasn't at home so I went to a place by my work that has a berry salad I used to get. The salad is mixed greens, fresh berries, dried cranberry, nuts, sunflower seeds, and house strawberry vinaigrette dressing. The first thing I noticed was that I remembered how to chew...lol Then I realized that things tasted differently. The dressing, which I used to think was sweet, seemed very vinegary to me and I didn't use as much as I used to. I also realized that the parts of the salad I was subconsciously gravitating toward were the parts without dressing! I also noticed that I was chewing longer and eating slower. I wasn't hungry after, but I didn't get a full feeling either, which was good. My nose did start to run a few times, which honestly is better than the stupid mucus bubble at the back of my throat! I also noticed that I felt really parched - my lips and my hands got really dry after I ate. Maybe that's because I'm used to juice!

When I got home later I was hungry again, so I had the rest of the smoothie. For dinner I decided to make my own salad instead of a smoothie but I didn't have a lot of salad ingredients. So I made a small salad with red butter lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, flax seeds, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and sea salt. Even though I didn't use that much dressing at all, it was still too vinegary. Again, I found it very drying and a little hard to eat. The taste wasn't really that great. And it also didn't satiate my hunger.

So later, I decided I needed to have some decent food in the house so I went to the health food store and got some raw kale chips (which used to be my favorite), a small raw kale salad, and some raw, vegan chickenless salad to save for later. I had about 4 or 5 kale chips and my hunger was finally satiated - for the time being. But these were a different type of kale chip then I used to get and I didn't really like them as much. Later in the night I was hungry again so I ate the small kale salad. It did take me a while to eat it and I needed LOTS of water because again, everything is drying. And afterward, I'm still getting that stupid mucus bubble from some unknown allergy. At this point, I'm not hungry but I'm not full. I could keep eating but that's a really bad habit to get into, so I just have to switch to water. I might make some tea later to see if that helps to rehydrate me. My hands are completely dry, my lips are dry, and my throat feels parched. I'm going to add chia in my smoothie tomorrow to make sure it's not an EFA thing.

So what I learned is that my food allergies have definitely not going away, which is a real bummer. So far, so good getting back on solid food. I am going to keep the smoothies going for a week before I switch back to juices as I think they are just too concentrated for me at this time.

I definitely can tell I have a candida problem, but I can't start the internal parasite cleanse until after my test for H Pylori. I can't start my other supplements again either until then.

Oh I almost forgot - after I ate the salad at home I noticed my stomach got bloated. I didn't have any gas, but my stomach definitely is bloated. I used to have a horrible allergic reaction to grass (after I came back from the jungle), so I'm wondering if my adverse affects to greens are a residual of that. I also found a few more red spots on me - I don't know if it's an allergic reaction or if I got bit by something. I just hope I don't get anymore!

Will update more tomorrow. I'm going to do a test with cooked food!

Thinking solid thoughts,

VeggiePatti

No comments:

Post a Comment