Thursday, July 19, 2012

Juice Fast Day 20

Today didn't start out too bad. I didn't get a chance to make the juice last night because I was finishing up all the teleseminar calls from the juice cleanse program. I have to say I really liked Dr. Etti! She has some wonderful messages for empowerment, putting yourself first, and loving yourself. If anyone is struggling with these issues, you should definitely check her out!

I didn't end up throwing out the juice from yesterday - thank goodness! It gave me something to drink this morning before heading out to a client site. I took 2 bottles of coconut water and regular water to tide me over until I could get home to make more juice.

By the time I got home (late again), I was hungry, but I had to get the dogs out first before I could do anything. I actually felt like I had a lot of energy! So I tried to jog with the dogs. Big mistake! Within the first 2 steps it felt like my heart was in my throat and my lungs were swollen. I stopped and my heart was not beating any faster than normal but my chest felt really tight and I got super tired. I'm thinking it has more to do with the humidity and my EDS than anything else. So much for that plan!

When I got back I made a juice with 4 cucumbers, 1 bunch kale, 1 bunch celery, 1 bunch parsley, 1 package mint,1 package alfalfa sprouts, and 1 piece of ginger. It tasted horrible! I thought the mint would help but I can't even taste it. I definitely don't expect to juice sprouts again (except sunflower sprouts - those actually taste good)!

My EDS was acting up again while juicing. My back has been hurting from standing up so much so I put down an anti-fatigue mat. The problem is it raises you up 1-2 inches so then I have to look down and it puts a strain on my neck. Damn you EDS! No matter what I do it's not comfortable and it's causing pain. And of course when I'm in pain, my mood worsens. It took so much effort to make the juice and I was in pain after that I didn't even want to drink it (that coupled with the fact that it tastes bad). So I set it aside for later - maybe I'll add some coconut water and see if that helps.

I tried to stretch out my back but the puppy is being a pain in the ass tonight and I've pretty much had it with him. He's already seen the inside of his cage three times tonight!

I think my last day of the fast may be tomorrow. 21 days is respectable and I just get the feeling I've gotten all out of the juice fast that I can. As I mentioned before, I think I do better on green smoothies and raw food. But, I have my appointment with Dr. Ritamarie tonight and I will see what she says! If she thinks I should keep detoxing for a while more, so be it. But I just get the feeling it's time for me to start rebuilding.

I had hoped the juice fast would fix alot of my autoimmune and food allergy issues. I haven't had any autoimmune issues during the fast, but only time will tell (and my bloodwork!). And since I still had some food allergy issues during the fast, I don't think those are fixed. I may have to make juicing and smoothies part of my daily routine. I'm hoping that will help control the pain from my EDS. But as I said, I'll wait and see what she says and report back!

Until then, thinking juicy thoughts,

VeggiePatti


No comments:

Post a Comment