Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Juice Fast Day 11

Today sucked. Today was officially the worst day on the juice fast. I was too tired to make the juice last night, so I figured I'd just wake up early and do it. Wrong - missed my alarm - again! (This fast has me very tired!) I also realize that I don't have my normal produce, I'm hungry as hell, and I just plain old don't feel good today.

I made what I call the kitchen sink juice - what I had left over: 2 cucumbers, half a stalk of celery, 1 summer squash, bunch of kale, 1 apple, 1 kiwi, and 1 nectarine (plus ginger). The green juice just does not taste good to me anymore. It's too bitter, but yet I can taste the sweet from the fruit mixed in and that part's too sweet. I drank down a glass but it was a long time before I could choke down the whole thing. By this afternoon I was starving and had a coconut water, which didn't really help. Also concerned because I haven't had a bowel movement all day - I don't want my intestines to stop doing their job!

So I managed to make it to the store - bought some new produce. Also decided that I absolutely need another juicer. This juicer just gets too clogged when you try to do something other than greens so you are wasting a lot of expensive produce and very little juice comes out. I think I'll stick to this juicer for the base green juice and the centrifugal juicer for the fruit juices which I can mix in as needed.

I also need to go over the materials from the juice cleanse program to see if I can glean any insight from them.

It's tough because when I set a goal for myself I like to achieve it. I had decided that I would do this for 30 days or when my body tells me I'm done. My mind isn't foggy, but I've been very tired and extremely emotional on the juice fast (as I mentioned a long time ago when I started juicing - green juice makes me cranky!) I have seen some healing in my body going on and physically even though it doesn't look it yet I'm feeling more like the old me in my body when I'm juicing. So for now I'm going to stick it out, at least through the juice cleanse. I don't know if I'll make it to 30 days or not. If my body tells me to stop, then I'll have to stop.

If anyone has any words of advice, I'm all ears!

Thinking juicy thoughts,

VeggiePatti

No comments:

Post a Comment