Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Juice Fast Day 18

Day 18 - I can't believe I've gone this many days without eating! Today wasn't a bad day - it was actually pretty decent.

I started off the morning finishing my green juice that I had made on Sunday. My juice is fine for 2 days but on the 3rd day it gets a little wonky, so I have to try to finish everything in 2. For anyone wondering, yes, fresh juice is best. And some people juice freshly every time they go to drink it. For me, that's not practical. There is no way I'm going to wash my juicer 3 to 4 times a day! Once is enough, thank you. So I choose to juice everything at once for that day. Hey - it's better than no juice at all!

I got really hungry around 2 pm and I needed to make my next batch of juice. It took forever! Over an hour. I really need to start cleaning everything in advance. I used the lemon/salt trick to soak my greens while I was preparing the cukes, but I still washed them more because I wasn't convinced it got them clean! So my juice today was 1 bunch kale, 1 bunch cilantro, 5 cucumbers, 2 stalks celery, and 1 ginger. One tip: Whatever you juice last usually doesn't get the full flavor! I always forget that and add ginger last and then I can't really taste it; I have to remember to throw it in the middle. So I tried the juice and it tasted like dirt. So I decided to try a kiwi - I know it has the acid but I was thinking it was low sugar. One kiwi didn't make a difference; so I juiced another. Not much juice came out sadly and it still tasted like dirt. So I decided to try a half a lime. Not much juice came out so I juiced the other half. Once I added that it still tasted like dirt, just a bit weaker. I wasn't about to add anything else so I figured I'd just drink it anyway. The lime is still too acidic for me. It's not burning per se but my throat is very warm and I can feel this kind of tingling all the way from the back of my throat down to the top of my stomach. It's not exactly a pleasant feeling.

I also now know that although I do like the taste of basil and cilantro in other dishes, I do NOT like them juiced. I won't be juicing them again. 

Considering it was over 100 degrees today I decided to stay inside. I was supposed to go to a client site, but my car doesn't do well in the heat so I figured I'd just work from home. Sadly, that hasn't happened yet - although there is still hope for tonight!

Today was actually a productive day, though. I was able to finish up a few odds and ends and I finally got to move forward with a project that's been 4 years in the making! Woo hoo! I also got an appointment on Thursday with the doctor for the program so I can't wait for that - I'm hoping she can help me!

Also, my pants are definitely fitting looser so that's a good sign, too. And I really didn't have any energy lags today, so there's progress!

Well I'm off to finish a few more tasks while I'm on a roll!

Thinking juicy thoughts,

VeggiePatti

No comments:

Post a Comment