Monday, July 23, 2012

Juice Fast Day 24

Coming off a water fast is not easy! I woke up this morning feeling pretty good. I went to grab the coconut juice first thing and the new bottle I opened was rancid - eww! So I tried another bottle and that one was OK, but I really couldn't drink much.

I had put the frozen juice in the fridge at 6 pm last night but sadly it was still frozen. So I started to make a new juice. Trying to juice was so taxing! I had to sit down several times. I had no energy and I kept getting light headed and feeling sick. Let me tell you, when your bowels start to wake back up it is NOT a pleasant feeling! My stomach hurts, I'm hungry, I have all this excess gas that I'm burping out, and I'm getting the chills/shakes. Also, I feel like I'm going to vomit. The chills and shakes are almost exactly the same as when I get exposed to a bacteria and it just needs to come out! I did have to rush to the bathroom in the middle of juicing because I thought I was going to have diarrhea, but only one small, hard stool came out. (My first bowel movement in 2 days!) I did feel a little better but I get the feeling there will be more to come later. I just wish I could stop burping! Oh, and my nose keeps running!

The one thing about the water fast is it definitely does not control pain. I have this area on the back of my leg that's painful - right where it would hit a chair when you sit. There are no bumps, no marks, just pain. During the juice fast it went away. It started hurting last night and today the pain was back with a vengeance! I also found that I was VERY irritable on the water fast. Needless to say, sadly the puppy spent a lot of time in his crate yesterday because I just couldn't handle him.

I made my juice with 6 regular cucumbers, 2 stalks celery, 1 bunch kale, 1 bunch amaranth greens (which are actually red), 1 package mint, 1 bunch parsley, and 1 6 oz package of blueberries. You really need more blueberries for the flavor to come out! And amaranth greens do not juice very well! They get stuck and clogged in the juicer. Anyway, the juice really does not taste good but I'm drinking it anyway. It made enough to last through tomorrow. I might go out to the store and get some stevia (which is allowed because it's not sugar) to sweeten up these juices so I can get through the next two days. I've never had stevia before so hopefully it's OK.

I'll update more late if something drastic happens. I can't wait to get to smoothies, but I see why I can't jump right back in! I'd probably through them all back up!

Thinking juicy thoughts,

VeggiePatti

No comments:

Post a Comment