Sunday, July 8, 2012

Juice Fast Day 2

So I made it through the first day of juice fasting which has always been the hardest for me in the past. And in case you're wondering, yes, I drank all of the juice I made! I went to a graduation party in the middle of the day and the smell of food was just so tempting...but I survived.

This morning I decided to use up some cartons of berries I had before they went bad. So in went blueberries and most of the blackberries, but sadly the raspberries couldn't be saved. :( Note to self: Juicing blackberries produces a sludge so do it last! There wasn't much output so I added an apple, some ginger, and some fresh mint. It was pretty good, but there was not a whole lot so I knew I'd be hungry later.

Later in the day I made the regular green drink:  6 cucumbers, 2 stalks celery, and ginger. The celery made a lot more juice than normal so it threw off the taste a bit and I added a kiwi, which really didn't have much effect. That's what I'll be drinking for the rest of the day (and some coconut water!).

I've done some more research and everything says once you get past day 3 it gets a lot easier! Day 2 hasn't been too bad, so let's hope day 3 is the same!

Oh I also stocked up on raw coconut water to help with the electrolyte balancing in case I feel I need it.

I'll post more tomorrow about how Day 3 goes!

Wishing you peas and good health,

VeggiePatti

No comments:

Post a Comment