Sunday, July 8, 2012

Juice Fast Day 9

So just an update from yesterday - I've discovered I can't juice pineapple anymore as it instantly gives me little canker sores - ouch! I also think I have to juice berries just a few at a time because the blueberries formed a sludge when in the past they've juiced up quite nicely. So yesterday drinking juice while everyone was eating dinner was easier than I thought. There were lots of foods I could have eaten, but I wasn't really tempted. I survived yesterday just fine and when I woke up I had lost a few more pounds, so yay for that!

***********************

Today was a really crazy day. I didn't prepare the juice last night as planned since I got back really late making it much more difficult this morning. I didn't get a chance to make the juice for a while. I wanted something faster so I did one glass of cantaloupe, celery, and ginger. It did not taste good! I also discovered that melons are way too sweet for me at this point. I'd prefer to just stick with greens but now I have all this fruit and I really don't want anything to go to waste. Maybe I'll give it away, maybe I'll use it...we'll just have to wait and see how it goes and what I can tolerate.  My taste buds are definitely changing!

I had a very emotional and stressful day and didn't get around to going to the grocery store to buy more cucumbers until the evening so I didn't even get a chance to finish juicing until after 11 pm. (I had a coconut water in the middle of the day since I didn't have any juice.) I had a few sips because I was hungry but then just couldn't drink anymore. I made cucumber, celery, and chard. I don't think I'll be juicing chard anymore. I remember it was also difficult to put in smoothies. It's super frothy and separates way too quickly. Now I just have to get through the big vat I made! If it's too difficult, this is maybe where I'll add an apple or something.



I've also noticed that I've had a few break outs on my face - not sure if that's related to the sugar in the fruit or a detoxing effect. My mood hasn't been the best either, but I also have a lot of other stressors in my life at the moment so I'm not sure what to attribute it to.

In case anyone is wondering about bowel movements, as this is what I always wondered about before starting a juice fast, yes, you still have bowel movements, albeit much smaller and less often. Everyone is different so I think it also depends on your previous diet. Some people use enemas; I am not interested in going that route. So as long as there's something coming out, I figure it's all good!

I have heard from people that it's hard to get off of the fast because it's a sudden rush of fiber. But I will cross that bridge when I come to that!

Wishing you juicy thoughts,

VeggiePatti

No comments:

Post a Comment