Sunday, July 29, 2012

Transition Day 4

I started off day 4 with a smoothie - red butter lettuce, blueberries, half banana, soaked chia seeds, coconut, and alfalfa sprouts. The butter lettuce was very earthy and so were the sprouts. I didn't have a lot of fruit in it so the earthiness overpowered it and it wasn't that great. I probably drank about half the glass. I then took the dogs out for a short walk and I actually jogged with them for a little ways - I haven't done that in a while!

For lunch we went to Cacao Tree Cafe - a great raw foods restaurant for my belated b-day lunch! I have to say I pigged out on raw food! LOL I had a green juice (finally!) with cucumber, celery and greens; a small salad with basil miso dressing (which was awesome!), and I had mock egg salad wrapped in a collard green. I had a raw white chocolate nugget for dessert. The food was so good! I felt satisfied, not full. I didn't have any side effects! And I had a ton of energy afterward!

After lunch my family went to the zoo and we walked around there. When I got home I took the dogs out for a walk again.There was part of a raw dessert left and I was hungry so I had that, but as I was eating it I thought...I'd rather have some kale salad. Who would have ever thought I'd prefer a salad over chocolate! lol

Around dinner time I was hungry so I had the rest of the smoothie. After I fed the dogs I took them for the third walk of the day, which is unheard of. I was still hungry and I had to go to the grocery store anyway, so I got cauliflower and broccoli and decided to try that with some hummus that my parents had at their house. I didn't eat again until around 11 pm, which I know isn't good. The hummus made me tired - not sure if it was from the canola oil or just being cooked food.

During the day, I had so much more energy than I normally have and I physically felt a lot better. I have always liked raw foods, but I have always craved more of the gourmet raw which is heavy on nuts. I love nuts, but now I am more inclined to stay with more greens and have nuts in smaller amounts, such as for dressings. If I can keep up with this way of eating and keep adding more smoothies and juices I really think I'll start to feel better. Still need to figure out the food allergy issue, but one step at a time...

Thinking leafy green thoughts,

VeggiePatti


No comments:

Post a Comment