Sunday, July 8, 2012

Juice Fast Day 6

So it's day 6...another day, another set of challenges...but no one said this would be easy!

So the hunger hasn't really been an issue (knock on wood)...it's the logistics of the whole thing!

I saved a glass of the green juice from yesterday to have this morning while I was making the rest of the juice for today. Unfortunately, the power went out briefly last night, I missed my alarm, and needless to say this morning I was in a time crunch. Luckily I had the juice for this morning, but I still needed something for the rest of the day! Fresh juice isn't something you can just go out and buy where I was going to be so I had to make it. So instead of making all of the juice for the day, I decided I would just make a lunch juice and make the rest later.

I had seen a recipe for apple lemonade, so I did a take on that. I remembered from juicing previously that lemons and limes go along way, so I used 1 lemon, 1 1/2 apples, 3/4 a bunch of kale, and ginger. It was palatable, but too lemony. I didn't have time to fix it so off I went. I drank the juice, but I don't think high citrus items sit well with me. The lemon didn't feel too great in my stomach but it really burned my throat!

When I came home, I was going to make the big vat of juice, but I still had these tomatoes (I know, more acid) that had been haunting me. I like tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato soup, etc, but I've never liked tomato juice. But I figured I would try a tomato basil juice. The basil wasn't juicing very well so I ended up using a lot without realizing that a little basil goes a long way! I also threw in a little clove of garlic at the end, but I think my juicer was partially clogged so I didn't really taste it. I was scared making the juice and when I tasted it I knew why! I'm glad it only made one glass! I hope I can choke it down. If not, well maybe it will be fertilizer for my flower beds..lol

So tonight I will be making the big vat of juice that should take me through tomorrow and I have to hit the grocery store since I wasn't able to do that today.

And my weight is still stable, sigh... Only I could go on a juice fast and not lose weight..lol  Hopefully, everything will kick in and it will start to fly off.

Wishing you peas and good health,

VeggiePatti

No comments:

Post a Comment