Sunday, July 22, 2012

Water Fast Day 2

So I woke up this morning feeling dehydrated and groggy and just tired. But I guess that's to expect on a water fast. And my hips are killing me something fierce since there are no greens to help with the pain. My chiropractor also warned I could be dehydrated so the rule for today is drink, drink, drink! I'm going to try to keep busy, too.

I forgot to mention that on the 21 day juice fast I lost 18 pounds - not bad! (I just hope it stays off!) I haven't dropped a pant size yet (which makes me wonder where the weight is coming from), but my clothes are fitting a little looser. On the water fast I did drop a pound so the weight is still going (although I didn't have a bowel movement yesterday sadly, but I guess that's to be expected with nothing coming in!)

I have to remember to unfreeze my juice this evening so I have it for tomorrow. And I want to wash all of my greens and have those ready. My plan is to make one more big vat of juice which should last me through Tuesday. That will give me a 25 day juice fast (with 2 days of water fasting thrown in there). Then I'll switch the smoothies for 2 days. Then on Friday I'll start with a salad (oh a kale salad sounds so great!) and hopefully if I can stomach it raw food restaurant on Saturday and I'll add some nuts back in!

I'll update if anything weird happens today!

Thinking juicy thoughts,

VeggiePatti

UPDATE:

I do not like water fasting! I don't feel good, I'm weak, my vision is all wonky, and I have no energy! I'm just telling myself I have 4 more hours to go! If I'm still awake at midnight (when I started 2 days ago) I will definitely drink coconut water for electrolytes! Although I'm hoping I'm sleeping. I definitely don't think water fasting is for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment