Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Transition Day 1

So today was my first transition day. Since I had to fast for my blood test, I just took the rest of my juice with me. This morning I was anxious and just wanted to get the test done so I could get back home and make a smoothie! Surprisingly the test went well and was pain-free! Normally, because of my EDS, the poke is painful, I can feel it as the blood comes out, and it hurts and sometimes bruises after. She took 7 vials today - I didn't feel the poke going in and it was done super fast! I didn't even feel woozy or slightly sick like I normally do. The only thing that did hurt was the pressure of the bandage, but I took that off. So I started drinking my juice, went to the grocery store, ran some errands, and then when I got back home I forgot about making my smoothie! LOL So it was probably around 3 pm before I made a small smoothie.

Sadly, the smoothie didn't taste very good - just blueberries and spinach - heavier on the spinach. I didn't feel any negative effects, however. I was anticipating I would be running to the bathroom, but I really think the water fast messed up my bowels. I have never had a problem in that department and I really haven't gone since the water fast! So I'm not sure what's going on there. Hopefully it will resolve soon.

So I drank most of the smoothie, but just couldn't get it down. I have found that the amount of food I actually need is substantially less than I thought it was prior to the fast - so that's a good thing. A few hours after drinking the smoothie, my allergies were really starting to kick up. I admit I had the post nasal drip this morning still - carry over from yesterday. So I'm not sure if it's the weather, external allergies, food allergies, a late detox or what.

By about 6 pm my throat was starting to slightly swell. In the past, mushroom broth has helped with these throat issues. I didn't have any on hand but my mother had some homemade Dr. Oz broth (with mushrooms and cabbage and more) and since her house is closer than the store I went over there to drink some. I really had to think twice about putting the broth in the microwave because those are not supposed to be good for you, but I just needed something fast. (FYI - I do use a microwave at home, but I have been debating about getting rid of it.) Let me tell you - fiber hitting my system after 25 days had no effect on me. But hot liquid hitting my system - let's just say my digestive tract was not happy and it was an uncomfortable feeling. It wasn't quite pain, but it was not a pleasant feeling. But it passed after about 15 minutes. The throat swelling seems to have subsided, but the post nasal drip is even worse!

I will be making another smoothie tonight - this time I'll be adding half a banana and maybe a bit of licorice root. Hopefully that one will taste better.

I'll keep you informed!

Thinking solid thoughts,

VeggiePatti

No comments:

Post a Comment