Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Juice Fast Day 12

Today was sooo much better than yesterday! I woke up and I felt pretty good. I had one glass of the green mess from yesterday and I drank that this morning - had no problem getting it down!

I had a busy day and I though I would be back mid-afternoon to juice again but I also took coconut water with me to have in between. Even though I didn't make it back until after 6, I still wasn't hungry, but I knew it was time to juice.

I had borrowed the Jack LaLanne juicer from my parents and I washed it up last night so it was ready to go. Since I wanted something fast I decided to try it out. I put in 2 small apples, 2 medium zucchini, and 2 oversized handfuls of spinach. The juicer does work a lot faster, less prep, and less parts to dismantle to clean. And I have to admit it does juice fruits better. However, it doesn't juice greens that well. That being said, I really think having 2 juicers is the secret to continue on with juicing past the fast. I will probably order a better centrifugal juicer at a later date.

Now I don't normally buy zucchini because I have a real problem digesting it raw - it really makes my stomach hurt. I thought the juice would be better - no such luck! After drinking the juice my stomach hurt and didn't resolve for at least a few hours. No more zucchini for me!

This evening, I was going to have a raspberry/parsley blend. But again, I didn't use the raspberries in time - they were all moldy so I had to throw them out. I think raspberries must have a shelf/fridge life of 2 days! So I used blackberries instead. The JL juicer did a much better job of juicing the blackberries - no sludge! But parsley didn't stand a chance - it was spit out whole! So I had to use my other juicer to juice the parsley. I just don't think parsley juices especially well; it came out but was very frothy and had some fiber in it. I almost felt like I should strain it, but there was no way I was going to use 2 juicers AND a strainer to make a simple juice which in the end turned out to be very acidic (I had to dilute it with water).

So ends day 12. I don't really think I'm drinking enough, according to the guidelines of the juice cleanse program, but I don't know how I can make or drink anymore!

Thinking juicy thoughts,

VeggiePatti

No comments:

Post a Comment